It’s always the same problem with upgrade, cause deep changes
it is recommend to make a clean fresh setup of your PC with
Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.
– backup Home files to a USB Disk / Stick without hidden folders!!
– format PC with Ubuntu Install Disk and make a fresh setup (Professionals take alternate disk!!)
– at Laptops with encrypted Disk make /var at same partition as root (/)!!
– change wanted settings like wireless/lan/speech
– update Ubuntu with Update-Manager!!!! and reboot!!!
– copy back Home Files to /home without Setting files and old cache(.*-Files)
– now test your PC
You should never use old hidden files (Settings+Cache) cause it can make
trouble with updated Programs
..enjoy nice Ubuntu 10.04..