If you run your PC as Family PC for Kids or Public PC you have to make some changes:
- Setup Ubuntu 10.04 with alternate Disk!
- select XDM as Login Manager by default!!
- go /etc/init folder as root
- edit control-alt-delete.conf and disable reboot without login
- go /etc/acpi make chmod 000 on powerbtn.sh hibernation.sh lidbtn.sh to prevent unwanted shutdown
#sudo aptitude remove gnome-power-managerto prevent unwanted standby by all users
- test forced shutdowns pressing all buttons at menu
- optional add autologin at login manger for a user without „sudo“ rights
- optional add to startup the
opera -kioskmodeBrowser Command (fullscreen Opera to hide Desktop to prevent users to reach files on the system)