If you use a Gigablue SAT Box,after some weeks enigma2 will hang up:
edit root crontab:
0 1 * * * killall -9 enigma2 && sleep 5 && init 3 && /etc/init.d/samba restart
5 1 * * * wget -O /dev/null -q "IP-OF-GIGA-Box/web/powerstate?newstate=0&type=0"
This will restart enigma2 Service, Samba and Webinterface too! Then Enigma is set to Standby!
That kodi can access the TV Bookmarks to view TV over LAN! If Standby is not set Kodi hangs!
If you use a Huawei Smartphone, you can set the Data Transfer Limit at the Phone Manager App which disconnect the mobile data transfer if the Limit is reached.
But if you want to disable it there is NO RESET OPTION!
This can run you into trouble cause the App disable the Mobile Data Modem (LTE) for data transfer daily by Automatic!
To Reset it go:
- go Android Settings > App Manager
- go Phone Manager App (Telefonmanager App) and press delete Data Button right
- press Stop the App now
- now the Settings from last Travel are gone!
If you don’t want to use Passwords generated by wordpress itself, you can do it manual on a MYSQL Console
- Login to your Webserver with the Database via encrypted SSH!!
- Login to the MYSQL Server Conssole with
$ mysql -u username -p
- Enter Password, and change database with
- Now Set Password for the User
mysql>UPDATE wp_users SET user_pass = MD5('NEWPASSWORD-16-DIGITS') WHERE user_login = "THEUSERNAME";
mysql> ok.. Changed 1 Row..
If you use a raspberry pi for projects which is shipped with a 8GB SDCard it is very useful to know basics about the root, file and recovery system on the preinstalled card.
- Major Basics about the Partitioning you find here
- To save time the raspberry pi offers possibility to run a Full Backup if the pi is ONLINE! Cause the OS is running from RAM like Live Mode!
- For Backup you need a USB to SDCard Reader with Adaptor Micro SD to SD, and a second SDCard i use 16GB Class 10
- Plugin the new SDCard into the Adaptor and into the Reader and connect to the raspi USB Hub
- Open Terminal and run Full Backup $sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/dev/sda bs=1M
- Take a Cup of Coffee and wait..~17000sec/8GB after finish plug off the SDcard Adaptor and keep save
- If you want to migrate from 8GB to 16Gb Card do a dd-dump and replace the Card inside the pi, after sucessful boot on the 16GB Card, you can allocate a fresh 8gb primary partition with $sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 and do $sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblk4 (cause noobs place it into 4!!)
Noobs Partition Layout:
- A firmware upgrade will override the recovery.img on partition_1 too
- Prefer a full recovery reset after a raspian version upgrade! (wheezy > jessie)
- A Kernel Only upgrade can be runned with $sudo rpi-update NO OS UPDATE!
- Backup can be started over SSH Login to, here you need a program called „tmux“ to hold the process online on disconnect!