Thru current IT News you may have heard about the major Security Problem of x86 Technology.
If your Websites current hosted on VM at VM Providers, contact them to get current news about their bug handling of their VM Host Servers. If you get no details, then shutdown your sites temporarily, or look for a other solution which isn’t running on x86 Technology.
Otherwise you can try to switch from php-kits to static HTML Websites. On the Net there are very helpful tools to do this easy. For WordPress is a WP to HTML Plugin available. This dumps your blog to HTML static paket where you can use a raspberry Pi with ligttpd as litte Webserver instance up to the time the x86 Manufacter fixes the nasty problems. Remark Debian runs on other CPUs like Sparc64 Mips too..
WordPress is a well known Blogging Platform to publish your Content to the world. But after some years of analysing of my Webserver Logs i remarked that a lot of used plugins produces more errors on inside linking than i would like to have. I could not explain why the Search Engines run into Errors or dead ends if they scan via the bots the Content. I didn’t realize that the plugins were the bad factor.
If you see same problems you can start up analyse your Blog for free with these steps:
- Go Plugins disable all uneeded Plugins like Cache, Tags .. and check that the Cache Folder is empty on your Webspace!! Have seen that trash is always there if i disable or remove the plugins.
- Go Settings, Reading, General and save all Settings again! If possible reset to WordPress defaults
- Check URLs Settings! http / https, i prefer https cause google does rank it higher than http.
- Check URLs of Images / Media Content, purge external Content!! Againt’s copyright violations!!
- Purge outdated Posts!
- Checkout if some older Plugins Functions are now integrated into the new Version of WordPress by default. If this happen purge the plugin! Cause Search Engines don’t like double tagging or linking, this can by calculated as Spam be the Search Engines.
- You should know less plugins offers more Security, cause most of them are made by one developer (one man show like openssl bugs)
- Try to use wordpress like more default, this offers you the security that bots can grab the page easy without errors.
- Cache Plugins can speed up wordpress on low end Webspaces, but the static page creation can be a risc if the Plugin crashes on Caching and save destroyed Pages on the Cache Folder!
- Run WordPress on a Webspace where you have full access to Logs and the Webspaces, that you can control and purge bugs by hand.
- Check weekly Logs and if you use Search Engine Webmastertools for free.
- Use a easy loadable and readable Theme, cause longer Load Times are ranked down too!
Now you know why less is more , have fun with blogging..