If you are a Newbie on AWS Glacier Cloud Backup you want to use a simple Backup Uploader you can use FastGlacier inside Wine!
Major Info: Glacier puts only Files up to 4GB size, split 50GB Tar/Zip Files to 4GB!!
- Setup AWS free Account !!
- Go to IAM create User, set User Role to Glacier full access
- Write down User and Password key at IAM
- now go right to you loved Cloud Area like Frankfurt or Asia
- Setup new vault, logout..
- install wine
- install winetricks dotnet40 Framework
- install FastGlacier
- have fun..
sudo apt-get install wine sudo apt-get winetricks
Run winetricks installer now via X-Desktop it needs X-Output!! for the Dialog to you!
inside terminal from GUI
Download free FastGlacier search on Google..
Double klick at the FastGlacier.exe
Setup your Client with AWS User+KEY
Remark: Glacier need often 3-4 hours between updates !! (retrieve Inventory and Delete Folders) If Popups shows Erros try it hours later again!! Glacer is slow but cheap backup solution against lost Hardware thru fire!
Don’t upload confidential data without ENCRYPTION !!