If you use a Gigablue SAT Box,after some weeks enigma2 will hang up:
edit root crontab:
0 1 * * * killall -9 enigma2 && sleep 5 && init 3 && /etc/init.d/samba restart
5 1 * * * wget -O /dev/null -q "IP-OF-GIGA-Box/web/powerstate?newstate=0&type=0"
This will restart enigma2 Service, Samba and Webinterface too! Then Enigma is set to Standby!
That kodi can access the TV Bookmarks to view TV over LAN! If Standby is not set Kodi hangs!
Last days there was a high count of news about the Bot Attacks against T-Com Telekom Router devices. To understand the behavior about this up comming security problems you should know following points :
- Every network supported device can be a goal for a attack ( Routers, Modems, PC, Fridges,IP-TV, IP Switches, IP-Cams…)
- You have to update the OS for each device monthly, if not supported by the manufacter, then dont buy!
- Try to get Opensource Hardware with Opensource Software for full access (ssh / console) to have full control
- Reduce the count of devices who are connected direct to the web!
- If you must use a ISP Modem / DSL Router of your ISP Provider, then install a second Opensource Router with Firewall behind for more security
- Use small Firewalls to seperate WIFI and LAN Networks!
- DISABLE if possible „auto update“ and „ISP Remote Control“ at the DSL Router / Modem cause more and more comfort functions are hacked to break the systems.
- Updates must be tested on non productive Routers!
- Keep clean backups of fresh installed Routers / Modems and restore the backup every 3 month to overwrite bad possible changes!!
- Connect the Routers to a clocktimer to unplug and hard reboot the Router every night! (againts RAM Hacks)
- Control every month the Router logs and ISP-Settings ( IP-Phones) cause hackers want to route calls to asia!
- Dont trust blind every commercial hardware! much bugs like open doors, default passwords are set!
- Test your System with free tools like „nmap“ Portscan and „iftop“
- Change Passwords, WIFI Passwords, Wifi-IDs! min. 12 signs
If you use:
and run db configuration setprop access private
the Login Interfaces is public !!!
Please take newer version: