Here some Bookmarks if you want to try Amazon AWS Cloud Services like S3 (Cloud File Storage), EC2 (VM Instances..)
Howtos / Basics :
- AWS Services mostly priced by data transfers and online time! Checkout daily „Billing Monitor“ !
- S3 is the Standard Cloud Storage, cheaper is S3-IA or long term Backups use „Glacier“ where you first upload files to S3 and set a „Rule“ on a „Bucket“ move files to Glacier Long Term Backup!
Amazon Admin Console:
Howto Create ENCRYPTED Containers for AWS on Linux? Klick
- At the End.. don’t forget the Security Problems for all Cloud Services !!
- Most of them can be scanned easy by foreign governments!! (Safe Habour / EU) cause most big Companies must offer interfaces to the data stores by law enforcement!
From the current News we hear that insurances offers humans to save the complete health status at a Cloud based App.
This is by DEFAULT insecure!
- Smartphones get less OS Security Updates by Manufacter
- Users do NOT know to handle Updates
- Users can’t update Firmwares by default
- Apps most located at App Stores (Google, Apple)
- App Stores Analyse downloads and usage of Apps, with this getting personal Data to SELL!!
- No Health Insurance knows to securing Data Pools especially Clouds !!
- No one will help Humans if Cloud App Keys abused and Data stolen
- Humans can be forces to offer own health Status for new Contracts and Services
NO i don’t support this!!
..if you are forced to use Apps for personal Health Data Management then CHANGE the Company or cancel the Contracts!
Current the acd_cli tool for amazon drive mount offers no „fsid“ (device /dev) point, that you cant export and share the amazon drive at your home local network.
On the latest raspberry pi OS (jessie) you can use a small workaround to get a NFS Shared Amazon Cloud Backup Uploader (needs python3.4 !)
If you now put files on the /sendtoamazon nfs share from a PC, the raspberry pi will grab and push it into the cloud via the „acd_cli mount“ a python3 script, remark 10 minutes is ok for small files! on bigger files use over „40“ minutes between pushes. If acd_cli fails check for correct python version! and last python modules!!! (python3-appdirs python3-dateutil python3-requests python3-sqlalchemy python3-pip pip3)
If you have a SMALL BANDWITH for upload you can use „rsync -avz“ instead mv (move) with „throttle“ option to upload files slowly!!
Howto acd_cli for amazon mount on git