If have read the latest News about the Big Data Collector and his for FREE shared Browser, you see that the big data Company’s abuses their power to block Websites from their Buisiness.
With the next upcoming Releases they prevent fast access to public News Sites or other Blogs and enforces the Website Owners to ACCEPT the NEW RULES.
You see that most FREE Software IS NOT REALLY FREE Software, cause it’s a Tool to take CONTROL over the normal USERS!
To PREVENT this POLITICS try to use ALTERNATE SOFTWARE like the ICECAT Browser, sometimes it’s more useful to have a CLOSER look at the SOFTWARE you use at you DAILY Office.
..get back the CONTROL over your SYSTEMS!!
Today i got a call and was asked how to STOP Seahorse from asking with a Passphrase Popup after opening Chrome or Chromium Browser:
Seems that google implementated a new Tool for Security to Prevent Access to STORED Browser Passwords, BUT this won’t work on Desktops with USER AUTOLOGIN like Lightdm!
ln -s /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop /home/username/Desktop/google-chrome.desktop
- Now open the new Icon on the desktop with the mouse right click
- Change Command Line for Chrome :
google-chrome-stable --password-store=basic %U
- or for (chromium):
- Now open the Browser with the new Icon Link
- On Ubuntu you can hold the Icon at the Taskbar after open the App with Store on the Taskbar
- Changed only on the User Desktop prevent you from Change the App by default for other Users!
- Changed only on the User Desktop prevent Chrome Updates from overwriting the new Command!
If you use a Chrome or Chromium Browser, the google RSS Extension can help you to stay „up to date“
- select „get more extensions“
- now on the App Store filter „by google“ left
- and search rss google
- install it
- then you will find the installed tool on
- grab the RSS feed by touch on the right shown Icon
- SAVE NOW the current URL „chrome-extension://…“ without to subscribe to the Browser local URL Toolbar! (Offline, needs no Account!)
- The Reader Plugin convert the RSS XML to HTML!
- click on any article you want to read..the overview is CLEAN!
- to be „up to date“ you can read daily the RSS Feed without and Ads!