Here some Bookmarks if you want to try Amazon AWS Cloud Services like S3 (Cloud File Storage), EC2 (VM Instances..)
Howtos / Basics :
- AWS Services mostly priced by data transfers and online time! Checkout daily „Billing Monitor“ !
- S3 is the Standard Cloud Storage, cheaper is S3-IA or long term Backups use „Glacier“ where you first upload files to S3 and set a „Rule“ on a „Bucket“ move files to Glacier Long Term Backup!
Amazon Admin Console:
Howto Create ENCRYPTED Containers for AWS on Linux? Klick
- At the End.. don’t forget the Security Problems for all Cloud Services !!
- Most of them can be scanned easy by foreign governments!! (Safe Habour / EU) cause most big Companies must offer interfaces to the data stores by law enforcement!
If you use a Amazon Fire TV Stick you perhaps want to replace TV Speakers with a Audio System.
To get a 3,5mm Audio Stereo Signal you can take a Ligawo HDMI to DVI Box.
It splits the 2.1 Stereo Audio Signal from digital to 2.1 Analog Signal.
You can plugin:
- Headphones use at Office
- Active Speaker Audio Systems 2.1
- Recorder (for Music Records of Live Concerts)
- Laptop to record with free Suite called Audacity free Download for Win+Linux
If you have a Amazon Fire TV Stick and you was touched by the „forced“ Firmware Update from 188.8.131.52 to later.
You will see now a full blown Advertisement Screen on Start which plays Advertisements Videos on Scroll down Button (Ads Video Autostart with Tone)
The „New Amazon Bloatware“ Menu:
Appstarter CLEAN Menu:
- Connect the Fire TV Stick to the TV and boot the Stick
- Check Wifi
- Go to Stick System Settings, check out IP Address of the Stick 192.168.XXX.XXX
- Enable ADB Development Access at System Settings of the Stick, need some search
- Enable ADB Install (Siteload) at the System Settings of the Stick
- Download the Fire TV Appstarter.apk (feel free to donate the Developer!)
- Start a PC with installed free Android „adb Tools“ (perhaps ubuntu where adb-tools is at the Software Catalog)
- The PC MUST be on the same NETWORK AREA! Cause connect thru port UDP 5037 and 5555
- Connect to the Stick via Adb Tools with enter:
adb devices "ipaddressofstick"
adb connect "ipaddressofstick"
Linux Console Echos:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
connected to 192.168.1XX.XXX:5555
adb install Appstarter.apk
- Goto Apps Area on the Stick System Settings Menu! Start the „Appstarter“ by open from the Settings List!
Screen should now view this CLEAN MENU!
- The App isn’t installed with root rights so you must start the Appstarter on every power on of the Stick.
- But you don’t need to power off the Stick he needs less than 1Watt/hour!
- If you buy again this Media Stick search for Alternate Hardware! Cause you can’t purge the Bloatware as „non root“
- Prefer Devices whrere Updates are NOT forced by the Manufacter..
If you use a Amazon Kindle Fire 2015 (45$) Generation „Ford“ or other Android Tablets,Smartphones you must know some MAJOR Informations about the Firmware Handling.
- If you were asked by the Fire OS or Android to „Upgrade“ the Firmware OS, DON’T PUSH YES it without READING DETAILS! I prefer ALWAYS NO FIRST!
- Use ALWAYS a SDCARD to hold the MAJOR Data of your Tablet, cause if bricked or damaged you can’t pull off the DATA!!!
- Android Firmware Images INCLUDE not only the OS, it includes DRIVERS, and the MAJOR BOOTLOADER!! Cause Android Devices use no real BIOS!!
- If you Upgrade, you can RUN into BIG TROUBLE! Broken Drivers like no WIFI connect, freezing Screens on Boot, or BRICKS like the „BLACK SCREEN of DEATH“ which destory the Tablets cause you can’t reach the BOOTLOADER for RECOVERY MODE and SITELOAD the FIRMWARE again!
- UPGRADES to bigger Version Releases like 5.1 to 5.3.X CAN’T be DOWNGRADED! Cause the DOWNGRADE don’t force overwrite correctly the BOOTLOADER, or leave the NEW BOOTLOADER untouched which can’t find the old KERNELS Names!
- As MAJOR INFO you should know that the „adb shell tool“ is a DEVELOPER TOOL which doesn’t ASK anything to confirm, if the Firmware File is wrong or damaged! It flashes without any testing and any protection check! YOU have to KNOW what you ENTER!
- You can’t reach anything, if the Tablet is BRICKED and you can’t reach the RESCUE MENU MODE! Cause NAND Chips need a connect from adb shell tool to USB then to EEPROM Chip!
- To be sure prevent the Tablet from reaching the Amazon Update Servers by blocking the Domains on a Blacklist at the Home Router
- A pulling out the Battery, does often NOT HELP on Tablet! You often don’t need to open the Case for this try!
- If you can, buy Tablets, without Bloatware, but with SDCARD Connector, with a more basic Android called „Stock“ OS (have seen this on cheap No Name China Tablets)
- Check the Internet Media for Hardware Infos which Hardware allow easy root access, some Manufacter allow this like Fairphones with special opened OS.
- For Kids usage purge the Amazon Account on the Tablet, this prevent unallowed Setups
- Android Firmware EEPROM Chips mostly glued onto the Mainboard, if the Firmware writing fails the device is a toaster.. no normal User can plug out the EEPROM Chips to flash them outside!
- Opened Tablets can be seen here
.. never change a running System.. if you MUST not..
- If someone find a Solution to flash the NAND chips without the Recovery Mode then mail me please!
- This Firmware Handling is the SAME on all Android or Embedded Devices like Openmips, Openwrt Routers ..
Current the acd_cli tool for amazon drive mount offers no „fsid“ (device /dev) point, that you cant export and share the amazon drive at your home local network.
On the latest raspberry pi OS (jessie) you can use a small workaround to get a NFS Shared Amazon Cloud Backup Uploader (needs python3.4 !)
If you now put files on the /sendtoamazon nfs share from a PC, the raspberry pi will grab and push it into the cloud via the „acd_cli mount“ a python3 script, remark 10 minutes is ok for small files! on bigger files use over „40“ minutes between pushes. If acd_cli fails check for correct python version! and last python modules!!! (python3-appdirs python3-dateutil python3-requests python3-sqlalchemy python3-pip pip3)
If you have a SMALL BANDWITH for upload you can use „rsync -avz“ instead mv (move) with „throttle“ option to upload files slowly!!
Howto acd_cli for amazon mount on git