If you asked for help on a new Windows 10 Laptop with Outlook 2016 cause the displayed Fonts unsharp or unclear
check Outlook Settings -> Advanced -> Display -> set „disable Hardware Acceleration“ for the Video Card !
or check the Subpixel Rendering of windows 10 go:
Search -> Clear Type Settings -> rerun all Dialogs -> select the best readable Window with Texts
- Can be a Linux Problem too! Seen on some OpenOffice Setups!
- Checkout if installed, the advanced Video Driver Software at System Settings or beside Clock Icons! (seen at ATI)
You heard perhaps last day’s about the major problems of Attacks to Systems with the „WannaCry“ Crypto Ware
Howto protect yourself?
- Enable the Firewall on Windows Systems!! Always!
- Update daily the Virus Scanners and Windows Patches!
- Disable and CLOSE Ports you never need! SMB Protocol is a open unencrypted Transfer Protocol!
- Use a second Router with Firewall behind your ISP Router or Modem! (openwrt, pfsense)
- Check with nmap Portscanner Tool the taken Rules and check if the work!
- For Network Access use ALWAYS SFTP with Authentification over KEYs Logins (Two Factor: Key and Password for unlock the Keyfiles id_rsa)
- For fresh installed Systems do a Full Backup of the Disk.
- To Save your work files use USB Drives or USB Sticks which can be unplugged, if you don’t need them.
- Backup weekly the Windows Disk to a external USB Disk 1TB sold for less than 50$
- ..last but not least use a Live CD of Linux like ubuntu to access the Internet..
- The Linux Windows Share Service called Samba is also under attack CVE-2017-7494
- to fix enter smb.conf with a Editor:
nt pipe support = no
- restart the Service with:
$service samba stop && service samba start
- Don’t use reload, to be secure that the config is really reloaded!! A „systemd“ Problem!
- Check the Samba Share for write and read access!
Problem: Windows 7 /8 and its new Apps cache and logs all your browsed internet data at your PC disc
Solution: Remove Temp Data Footprints of last Internet Sites open Internet Exploerer and insert into addressbar:
then press CTRL+A to select all, and Shift+DEL to delete…!!
Windows 7 Apps/Plugins like adobe cache all trash of used internet sites too at
Do never trust big company’s or social networks , they have tools to read out cache..