The new NEW Password must be set before you delete the old!
- open Console!
- Login as root! with #sudo -s
- enter #cryptsetup -y luksAddKey /AddKey /dev/sdaX
- System prompt for old Password, enter it now!
- then enter new password min 8 Characters
- System should show “Command Successful”
- if not search error!!!!
- now delete old Password! 8 different Words can be saved! cause 8 Memory Sockets available by cryptsetup
- enter to delete #cryptsetup luksDelKey /dev/sdaX 0
- 0 = First-Memory Socket !!
- enter new set Password to open Socket-Database
- System must show “Command Successful”
- if not retry! DO NOT REBOOT if FAILS!! YOU WILL LOSE DATA!!
- If you on one day lose GRUB Bootloader boot with
Install CD and take Recovery Mode this allows you to
reach and encrypt Disk! But only with successful password
Do ALWAYS full encrypt EVERY Mobile PC/Laptop! you get it
easy with Debian-Install-CD – Expert-Mode! (Fast-Setup 12Minutes)
Office PCs should be encrypted too!
For Super Security google for USB-Tokens for Linux! You can setup
this Token and Password to encrypt Systems!
Cause a PC / Laptop is cheap but your Data/private Images are priceless!!